Fujifilm has announced the XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS wide-angle zoom lens. The Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS is a new premium wide zoom for X-mount compact system mirrorless cameras.
The lens offers an angle of view equivalent to 15-36mm on full frame, and incorporates optical image stabilisation to reduce blur at slow shutter speeds.
The Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS has an optical formula that comprises 14 lens elements in 10 groups, including 4 aspherical and 3 extra-low-dispersion elements. The lens also features Fujifilm’s unique High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating to minimise ghosting, and boasts an iris diaphragm with 7 rounded blades.
Fujifilm Announced the Fujinon XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS Wide-Angle Zoom Lens
The Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS wide-angle zoom lens will be available from March 2014 for sale with a price tag for $999.95.
Key features on the Fujinon XF10-24mm lens
- Newly designed optical system with 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 3 extra low dispersion glass lenses which maximize performance of the X-Trans sensor.
- A powerful Optical Image Stabilisation function which boosts the ability to work handheld when shooting in low light.
- Ghosting is minimized by Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC* multi-layer coating that is applied to all sides of Fujinon lenses.
- An additional newly developed coating has been added to the reverse side of the front lens in the XF10-24 composition to further reduce the ghosting that typically occurs when using deep concave lenses.
- Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used in-conjunction with an X-series camera** that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function.
- Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps to create smooth and round bokeh effects.
- The ability to shoot at an aperture of F4.0 from the lens’ ultra-wide 15mm focal length to its longest at 36mm.
- A minimum working distance of 24cm means that with macro photography you can capture both the small foreground detail and the wider surroundings to give your subject greater context.
- Its high-speed AF is achieved via its inner focusing system which drives smaller lenses in the middle or rear lens groups without moving the larger lenses in the front lens groups
- Thanks to light weight internal lenses and the addition of a stepping motor, the XF10-24mm lens is also very quiet to use.
- With its precision-made, responsive, and finely-tuned metal aperture and focus rings, you are ensured a superb handling experience.
* High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating
** As of December 2013 FUJIFILM X-E2
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS specifications
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||10–24 mm|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Special elements / coatings||4 aspherical elements, 3 extra low dispersion glass elements|
|Minimum focus||0.24 m (9.45″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||410 g (0.90 lb)|
|Diameter||78 mm (3.07″)|
|Length||87 mm (3.43″)|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
|Filter notes||Does not rotate on focusing|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".