New Compact Ultra Zoom Camera FinePix F900EXR with World’s Fastest AF
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the release of the FinePix F900EXR travel zoom camera; this handsome, pocketable compact is the latest addition to Fujifilm’s F series. It’s targeted at an audience looking for excellent image quality, long zoom capabilities and advanced features, in a lightweight and slimline body. With a high precision FUJINON 20x optical zoom lens with a minimum focal length of 25mm***, plus a powerful new EXR-CMOS II sensor with extra fast Phase Detection AF and an EXR Processor II, the F900EXR offers near instantaneous reactions and excellent functionality.
1. Super-fast response times
The F900EXR’s new “Intelligent Hybrid AF system” focuses in as little as 0.05sec.* when employing the new Phase Detection AF which uses special new pixels that have been added to the EXR-CMOS II sensor. Its speed ensures that your subject will be captured at the precise moment you want them to be, avoiding missed photo opportunities. The camera automatically switches between Phase Detection AF and Contrast Detection AF depending on the subject and scene, guaranteeing superb ease-of-use and fast, accurate autofocus no matter what the setting or shooting conditions.
The bespoke 16 million pixels 1/2″ EXR-CMOS II back-side illuminated (BSI) sensor has been engineered to ensure that there will be enough light available for Phase Detection AF at larger apertures and in circumstances where the angle of incidence light is high.
In addition, the EXR Processor II more than doubles the performance of the first-generation EXR Processor. With a super-fast startup time of 1.1sec.****, an interval between shots of 0.5sec.*4, and burst-mode rates of 11 frames/sec.*4 (max. 5 frames), the F900EXR offers fantastic response time that makes it a joy to use and ensure you should never have to worry about missing that special shot again.
What’s more, you can take advantage of the superb capabilities of the EXR-CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II just by selecting Fujifilm’s EXR AUTO mode. In this mode, the camera has the ability to automatically optimise output by choosing between 108 pre-determined scene permutations and adjusting settings to suit the scene for hassle-free, high-quality results whatever your subject.
2. FUJINON 20x optical zoom lens combines with Intelligent Digital Zoom for up to a 40x zoom
From 25mm*** (wide) to 500mm*** (telephoto), the F900EXR offers an impressive zoom range in a very slim-line camera body. With the ability to combine the 20x optical zoom and the intelligent digital zoom to allow magnification up to 40x, the F900EXR will capture crisp images of subjects at an impressive distance.
Featuring advanced CMOS-shift image stabilization which reduces the blurring which often occurs at long zoom ratios from camera shake or subject movement, the F900EXR is built to help you take good quality long zoom shots. With its superior grip for additional hold, you will feel in total control when you’re snapping away on your travels.
3. Wireless Image Transfer makes it easy to transfer photos and movies*5 to smartphones and computers
The F900EXR’s new wireless feature lets you transfer photos and movies*5 from the FinePix F900EXR to smartphones, tablets, and computers.
For first time, via Wi-Fi®*6, Fujifilm is able to offer a means to back up your photos on your home PC. Just install the free “FUJIFILM PC AutoSave” software onto your PC and select which folder you want the photos to back up to, and then by linking your Wi-Fi Router and the F900EXR camera you will have set up a very simple to use backup for your photos on your home PC.
To connect to smartphones and tablets you will need to download the free dedicated “FUJIFILM Camera Application” to your iPhone, iPad, or Android™ smartphone or tablet device to transfer up to 30 pictures at a time from the FinePix F900EXR. The app also lets you download movies*5, expanding the range of options available for enjoying pictures taken with the camera. Pictures stored on the camera can be viewed and selected for download on large smartphone or tablet screens for a smooth download experience. No wireless LAN access point or complicated ID or password entry is required, and once pictures have been downloaded to the smartphone, it’s a simple task to upload them to social networking sites.
High-quality pictures and movies*5 can be uploaded hassle-free to the smartphone or tablet of anyone who has downloaded the free “FUJIFILM Camera Application”.
4. Record Full HD movies, thanks to the EXR- CMOS II sensor
Shoot video footage in Full HD at a smooth 60 frames per second with improved Phase Detection AF without losing any of the superior color reproduction qualities offered by the EXR-CMOS II sensor with high bit rate. Movie recording can be started with a single press of the dedicated “Movie recording button”. You can record high-quality sound using the built-in stereo microphone.
Optical zoom and still image photography are available during movie recording. Portraits will always be in focus thanks to the face-tracking autofocus feature, which even tracks subjects that look down or away.
The Intelligent Hybrid AF is active during movie recording for fast, precise focus. The camera also offers a Scene Recognition for movie recording feature that automatically adjusts camera settings for landscapes, close-ups, night landscapes, portraits, backlit portraits, and night portraits for high-quality, hassle-free results with a variety of subjects.
5. The fully-featured camera makes photography a snap
The FinePix F900EXR offers “Advanced Filter” for hassle-free access to innovative forms of artistic expression. You can preview on the LCD before you take your shot.
- Toy Camera — Create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera.
- Miniature — Add top and bottom blur for a diorama or miniature effect.
- Pop Color — Emphasize contrast and colour saturation.
- High Key — Enhance brightness and reduce contrast to lighten tonal reproduction.
- Low Key (NEW) — Create uniformly dark tones with few areas of emphasized highlights.
- Dynamic Tone — Create a fantasy effect by dynamically-modulated tonal reproduction.
- Soft Focus (NEW) — Create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image.
- Partial Color — Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white. Colors can be selected from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple for dramatic effect.
Further improvements have been made to “Advanced Anti-blur” mode, in which the camera takes four shots in rapid succession at high sensitivity settings and combines them using advanced image processing technology to reduce the effects of blur: it now works effectively with moving subjects for even more beautiful blur- and noise-free shots in low light and at high zoom ratios.
Combine two shots into a “Multiple Exposure” shot for a unique effect. Superimposed over the view through the lens in the monitor, the first shot serves as a guide to composing the second shot, allowing more accurate composition and giving you a better idea of how the picture will turn out for unique, creative works of art.
The “Motion panorama 360” feature makes it a snap to record dynamic, seamless 360° panoramas. And “Film simulation” lets you choose from five different combinations of color gamut and tone range, just as you used to choose your Fujifilm color reversal film.
6. Clear, Beautiful Display and Ease of use for various shooting control
Its bright, high-precision, premium 3.0-inch, 920,000-dot LCD monitor offers a Monitor Sunlight mode for enhanced viewing in bright sunlight and a greatly improved viewing angle, particularly diagonal direction, thanks to employing the special film. The viewing angle allows photographs to be taken from higher angles and lets you view pictures during playback from awkward angles without difficulty.
Additionally, frequently-used options can be assigned to the camera’s “E-fn” or extended function button for enhanced ease of use.
FinePix F900EXR Key features list:
- 16 million pixels 1/2-inch EXR-CMOS II sensor with Phase Detection plus EXR Processor II
- 20x optical zoom (25-500mm***) with CMOS-shift Image Stabilisation Stabilisation
- 3.0-inch LCD screen with wide viewing angle
- EXR-Auto (with auto optimisation for 108 different scene permutations)
- Full manual controls
- Intelligent Hybrid AF (World’s Fastest AF of 0.05 sec.*)
- Start-up time of 1.1 sec.*4
- Interval between shots of 0.5 sec.*4
- RAW shooting (RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG image capture modes)
- Wireless Image Transfer to PC, tablets and smartphones
- 11 frames/sec.*4 (max. 5 frames) continuous shooting (at full resolution)
- Advanced Filter
- Motion Panorama 360
- Available in Black, Red, Navy Blue and Champagne Gold
- 260 shot*4 battery charge
- *Fujifilm reseach as of November 2012. Compared with other digital cameras, based on CIPA standards, and conducted in High Performance mode at the maximum wide-angle position with AF-area mode set to center position.
- **Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- ***35mm format equivalent
- *4Fujifilm research based on CIPA standards.
- *5“FUJIFILM Camera Application” for iOS may not save the movie files that your smartphone could not play it.
Please try the movie mode less than HD (1280 x 720).
- *6Wi-Fi® is registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.