Canon filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes the EF 20-45mm f/2.8-4 lens which looks like to be a new kit lens for full-frame sensor Canon DSLRs.
Canon’s current patent shows a EF 20-45mm f/2.8-4 lens which provides f/2.8 maximum aperture at 20mm focal length and f/4 at 40mm. If becomes in mass production the lens looks like a budget-friendly kit lens for Canon full frame bodies.
Here are the patent details below.
Canon EF 20-45mm f/2.8-4 Lens Patent
Patent details translated by Google:
- Patent Publication No. 2015-197593
- Published 2015.11.9
- Filing date 2014.4.1
- Example Zoom ratio 2.25
- Focal length f = 20.00 23.60 45.00
- Fno. 2.75 2.90 4.16
- Half angle of 47.25 42.51 25.68
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- Overall length 158.28 156.32 173.36
- BF 42.05 46.10 73.14