DxOMark published their sensor review and test results for the Sony RX100 IV (DSC-RX100M4) digital compact camera which is currently priced for $949 at Amazon.
Sony RX100 IV sensor test results shows the camera scored a point of 70 and this is a good score overall. The sensor score of the premium camera is as good as the Canon’s 7D Mark II DSLR camera.
According to DxOMark test results, the color sensitivity on RX100M4 is a high 22.9 bits, meaning it has relatively low chroma noise at low ISO, and dynamic range at base ISO is a wide 12.6 stops.
Sony RX100M4 Sensor Gets DxOMarked
Sony Cyber-shot DSC RX100 IV vs. Sony Cyber-shot DSC RX100 II vs. Sony Cyber-shot DSC RX100 III
From DxOMark conclusion :
For a physically small sensor, the new 20-Mpix Exmor RS BSI CMOS chip ranks high, coming in at 116th in our database for sensors of all sizes. Performance ranks alongside recent Micro-Four-Thirds models and even APS-C-equipped DSLR models such as the Canon EOS 7D Mk II and EOS 760D.
Sony RX100 IV Compact Camera Price
|Buy Sony RX100 IV Compact Camera|
|Sony RX100 IV Compact Camera||$949.00||Amazon | Adorama
Sony RX100 IV Compact Camera Specifications
- World’s first 20.1 MP 1″ Exmor RS® stacked back illuminated CMOS
- High resolution 4K movie recording with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
- Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec. up to 16fps
- Bright F1.8- F2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens (24-70mm)