Metabones has released a new firmware upgrade for four of their Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds adapters.
Firmware update version 1.7 for Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster enables auto focus on Panasonic Micro Four Thirds camera bodies and fixes a couple of bugs.
Metabones latest Speed Booster whch allows Micro Four Thirds users to attach Canon EF lenses to their mirrorless cameras, increases MTF, widens the lens by 0.71x, and increases the maximum aperture by one f-stop.
Metabones Canon EF to MFT Speed Booster Adapter Firmware V1.7 Details
- Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed BoosterTM Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BM1)
- Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed BoosterTM S Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BM2)
- Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds T Speed BoosterTM XL 0.64x Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BT3)
- Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds T Speed BoosterTM ULTRA 0.71x Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BT4)
- Name: Firmware update V1.7 for Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed BoosterM
- Release date: 24 July 2015
- Benefits and improvements
- Autofocus for Panasonic cameras
- Fixed a camera-becoming-unresponsive issue after double-tapping on the touch screen of a Panasonic camera
- Fixed EF Extender recognition issue with EF70-200/2.8L IS II USM