Leica is rumored to announce a new T type 701 mirrorless camera on April 24th. Here are more details and images for the upcoming Leica T type 701 mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.
The new Leica T model will not be a micro four thirds camera and it will not be based on an existing Panasonic model. Leica T series mirrorless camera will be positioned between the M and X lines and expected to have an APS-C sensor with optional EVF. See Leica T type 701 specs.
More Details and Images for the Leica T type 701 Mirrorless Camera
- The Leica T type 701 camera will have an aluminum unibody and it will take approximately 50 hours to manufacture it
- The camera is rumored to be designed by Audi (similar to the Leica C and Leica M Titanium)
- The new Leica T lenses will not have aperture rings and will be made by Panasonic
- The first two lens models
- Leica VARIO-ELMAR-T ASPH 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens (27-84mm equivalent)
- Leica SUMMICRON-T ASPH 23mm f/2 prime lens (35mm equivalent)