Canon USA has released a firmware update for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera. The firmware update V1.2.1 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III is now officially available for download from here. .
EOS 5D Mark III firmware update V1.2.1 adds two highly useful features like HDMI output support and improved AF performance, f/8 autofocus. More details here. Also see what Canon EOS 5D Mark III firmware update include below.
|Canon EOS 5D Mark III||Check for the available price & order||Adorama|
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Update 1.2.1
Firmware Version 1.2.1 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes:
- Uncompressed HDMI output is now enabled.
- Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with Canon EF lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may freeze and display Err 70 or Err 80 when a still photo is taken during Live View or in movie shooting mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may occur when the continuous shooting priority setting is enabled for multiple exposures, such that, after the sixth image is taken, there is a slight pause before the remainder of the sequence is completed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the viewfinder display shows incorrect information during AEB shooting.
- Communication with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter has been improved.
- When images have been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “O” will be displayed. When images have not been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “X” will be displayed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function properly when an Eye-Fi card is used.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the focal length value listed in the Exif information is not displayed correctly for images shot with the EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the lens firmware cannot be updated properly.
- Corrects errors in the Arabic language menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera changes the AF microadjustment value to -8.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Setting the ISO Speed Range for Auto ISO” option.
* Items No.1 through 12 have been incorporated into firmware version 1.2.0.
* Items No.1 through 14 have been incorporated into firmware version 1.2.1.
Firmware Version 1.2.1 is for cameras with firmware version 1.2.0 or earlier. If the camera’s firmware is already version 1.2.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.