Canon EOS R5 Mark II Might Not Coming in 2023, But a Major Firmware Update Instead
An important update from the Canon rumors about the possible Canon EOS R5 Mark II camera. As you may recall, the latest Canon rumors offered a prediction for the EOS R5 Mark II to be released in 2023.
It will be one of the Upcoming Canon Cameras & Lenses in 2023, but that timeline has been debunked for the most part. We expect to see the Canon EOS R5 Mark II next year alongside the EOS R1. Most likely in the first half of 2024.
To keep the EOS R5 viable through 2023, Canon will release a major firmware update and we expect to see this new feature firmware update announced at NAB 2023 in April.
The rumored firmware update for the EOS R5 might bring the following:
- Possible Canon EOS R5 Updates Coming
- Lens breathing correction
- Pre-shooting buffer
- Removal of 30 minutes record limit
- Vehicle tracking AF mode (bikes, trains & planes)
- Additional tracking for more animals
If you’ve noticed, what’s new in the possible R5 Mark II firmware update above are those that have already been implemented with the EOS R6 Mark II.
Take a look at rumored specs of EOS R5 Mark II
- New 61MP CMOS BSI sensor
- Dual DIGIC X processor
- 30 FPS electronic shutter with tracking / 12 FPS mechanical shutter
- Same 8-stop IBIS
- New High Resolution mode similar to pixel shift shooting found on Sony/Fujifilm
- 2x/4x/8x digital tele-convertor
- Same Dual Pixel CMOS AF II from Caon EOS R3 / Canon R6 Mark II
- Internal 8K 60p video recording (8K RAW video spec to be confirmed)
- Internal 4K 30p/60p/120p video recording (all by oversampling)
- FHD 240p video recording
- Focus breathing correction for video
- New overheat prevention design similar to EOS R6 Mark II, at least 40min for 8K video, and over
- 60 min for 4K video
- Dual CFexpress type B card slot
- Standard HDMI port
- Dual USB-C port
- 9.44M-dot EVF
- New design of vari-angle LCD monitor optimized for video shooting
- Launch time: 2024 Q1
- To be released before EOS R1
Super hot Canon deals !! Canon dropped the price of the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6. This is part of the 2022 Black Friday & Cyber Monday season. You can save $200 off on these cameras, see the details below:
- Canon EOS R5 Body – $200 off – at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Canon EOS R6 Body – $200 off – at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
See also Updated Canon RF Lens Roadmap 2022-2023
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Rumors and Canon News.
via: Canon Rumors