Some of you may have noticed or not; after having release a Canon firmware update for the EOS R6, the firmware was pulled due to a bug. Canon seemed to have fixed the bug in a short time and the firmware update version 1.3.1 was released.
So this means that you can download the new firmware update V.1.3.1 version for Canon EOS R6. If you already installed Canon EOS R6 firmware 1.3.0 don’t worry. Most likely you did not even notice the bug. In any case please update to version 1.3.1 to be sure.
Canon Released Firmware v1.3.1 for EOS R6 Camera
Canon EOS R6 Firmware Version 1.3.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
- Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to “High-speed continuous shooting” to shoot still images continuously.
- It Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the camera stops to operate normally when the movie cropping setting is set to [Enable] for performing movie shooting in Firmware Version 1.3.0.
Download link: Canon EOS R6 Firmware Version 1.3.1
Firmware Version 1.3.1 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.3.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.3.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Rumors