Fujifilm has introduced the XF 18mm F/1.4 R LM WR wide-angle prime lens. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm, the Fujinon XF 18mm f/1.4 R LM WR offers a new take on a popular focal length and it’ll be available in May 2021 with a recommended retail price of $999.
This compact lens is light given its fast maximum aperture, weighing in at 370 grams (13.1 ounces). Highly portable design makes it an ideal lens for everything from landscapes and cityscapes to portraits and weddings.
The lens has a total of 15 elements (in 9 groups) and includes both aspherical and extra-low dispersion glass. The six-element focus group is driven by a ‘near-silent’ linear motor. The minimum focus distance of the 18mm F1.4 is 11cm (4.3″), with a maximum magnification of 0.15x.
Fujifilm XF 18mm F/1.4 R LM WR Lens Videos
XF 18mm F/1.4 R LM WR Lens Features
Exceptional optical performance, even at F1.4
- XF18mmF1.4 utilizes three aspherical lenses and an extra-low dispersion (ED) lens among its 15 lens elements, spread across 9 groups, to minimize chromatic and comatic aberration. This means the finest details of an image will be reproduced with high levels of sharpness.
- The focusing group of six lens elements moves in unison to minimize aberration fluctuations and deliver consistent sharpness at any focusing position.
Designed for versatility
- XF18mmF1.4 has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and can achieve focus on subjects 4.33in (11cm) away from the front lens element. This gives the lens a broad range of applications, from making images of everyday moments, to using it to create sweeping landscapes.
Fast, accurate, and near-silent autofocus
- XF18mmF1.4 uses an internal autofocus (AF) system, driven by a powerful linear motor, to provide fast, accurate, and near-silent AF. From the lens’ minimum object
distance (MOD) of 7.87in (20cm) to infinity, the focusing group of lens elements travels a total of just 0.1in (2.5mm). This means focus can be acquired in as quickly
as 0.04 seconds*1 .
- If the lens must travel beyond MOD to acquire focus, focus can still be achieved in as quickly as 0.25 seconds.
- For precise control when manually focusing, components in the manual focusing ring assembly have been specially engineered to respond with precision, especially when the focusing ring is rotated slightly.
Compact, lightweight and weather-resistant
- XF18mmF1.4 has a 62mm filter thread, measures 2.98in (7.56cm) in length, and weighs just 0.81lbs. (370g). This makes it incredibly lightweight and portable. While the lens barrel is made from metal, it is specially designed to minimize its weight without compromising its overall strength.
- The lens has weather-resistant seals at eight locations along the lens barrel, making it resistant to dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C) when used with a weather-resistant X-Series digital camera.
- XF18mmF1.4 is designed with an A (Auto) Position Lock to lock the aperture ring into the A position, preventing accidental movement.
Optional accessory: LH-XF18 Lens Hood
Fujifilm has also developed a rectangular, aluminum lens hood for XF18mmF1.4 that helps to prevent lens flare and ghosting which can occur when beams of light strike the front element of the lens. The LH-XF18 Lens Hood will be made available in late May, 2021.
Read more Fujifilm Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.