The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO is a high- resolution, super telephoto zoom lens that is equipped with a built-in 1.25x teleconverter and covers a wide focal length of 300-1000mm equivalent.
Designed for Micro Four Thirds system cameras the lens offers a built-in 1.25x teleconverter, boosting its 300-800mm equivalent range to a massive 375-1000mm equiv. reach. The lens features built-in IS rated to 4.5 stops, and when coupled with the 5-axis stabilized OM-D E-M1X can provide up to 8 stops of stabilization.
The 150-400mm F4.5 measures just over 31cm (12.4″) in length and weighs ‘only’ 1.9kg (4.1lb). It includes 28 elements in 18 groups, including four Super ED elements to reduce flare and chromatic aberrations, as well as a new extra-low dispersion aspherical lens.
OM-D E-M1X firmware version 2.0 with Bird detection
Olympus has announced a new firmware update for the E-M1X, plus updates for the E-M1 III, E-M1 II, and E-M5 III.
Related accessories for the M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO
- PRF-ZD95 (optionally available) – The optionally available Zuiko PRF-ZD95 PRO Protection Filter features ZERO Coating to suppress flares and ghosts from reflections and easy-to clean, fluorine-coated, black-edged glass. It is a protection filter with a satin, glare-reducing black Alumite frame. RRP – £299
- LH-115 Lens Hood (bundled) – A lightweight carbon fiber lens hood with excellent durability. A flocked finish on the inside of the hood prevents internal reflection.
- CSS-P121 Lens Strap (bundled) – A lens strap developed for exclusive use with a super-telephoto lens. It is made of mesh material to prevent sweating, has excellent cushioning, and an anti-slip texture.
- LC-115 Lens Cap (bundled) – This cloth cover-style lens cap is easy to attach and remove for quick shooting.
- LSC-1642 Lens Case (bundled) – This purse-string type lens case features a three-layer construction that protects the lens and can be used to store the lens with lens hood, lens cap, protection filter, and teleconverter attached.
Powerful Image Stabilization and Fast, High-Precision Autofocus
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens supports 5-Axis Sync IS, and at 300mm equivalent1 delivers the world’s most effective 8 shutter speed steps2 of image stabilization, and at 1000mm equivalent1 delivers up to 6 shutter speed steps6 of image stabilization, when using the built-in teleconverter. This powerful image stabilization is also available in the super telephoto range, up to 2000mm equivalent1, when paired with the optional MC-20 Teleconverter. High image quality hand-held shooting is possible, making it perfect for wildlife, birding, nature photography and more. Olympus proprietary high-precision lens thinning technology makes the focusing lenses lightweight, delivering fast and precise focusing across the entire zoom range.
- Inner zoom system maintains the original length of the lens, even when increasing zoom magnification
- Constructed with rubberized zoom/focusing ring, for comfortable operation
- Preset focus function allows the user to set and recall favorite focal positions
- Tripod base plate in a shape and size that is easy to carry
- Strap eyelets are installed to improve transportability and reduced load on the lens mount
- Rubber lens end cover, designed to prevent scratches on the front of the lens
- Compatible with Focus Stacking7, allowing the user to create composite images with crisp focus from front to back
Stay tuned with us for mor information. Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".