The Profoto A10 AirTTL-F Studio Light is now officially announced. Profoto’s new A10 speedlight works with smartphones via AirX Bluetooth technology.
It features the same round-head design with support for Profoto’s Click Light Shaping tools, a large hi-res display for changing settings and navigating the menu, an LED modeling light, a maximum 76Ws output, a recycle time between 0.05–1 second and a built-in Li-ion battery rated for up to 450 full-power flashes.
Profoto A10 Key Features:
- Round flash head design with for a natural light with smooth fall-off.
- Compatible with all magnetic Profoto Clic Light Shaping Tools.
- Compatibile with all Profoto Air, AirTTL and Connect triggers.
- Smart Connectivity with Profoto app for iOS.
- Built-in AirX bluetooth sync technology for future proof compatibility with mobile cameras.
- Clean and easy user interface with large hi-res display.
- Extremely fast flash recycling
- Exchangeable and rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with high capacity.
- Flash head with 90˚ tilt and 360˚ rotation.
- Laser AF-assist and LED modelling light.
- Auto or manual zoom for flash and modelling light.
- Optional hotshoe versions for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras.
Profoto A10 AirTTL-F Studio Light
Building on the success and popularity of the A1X, Profoto introduces an enhanced version, Profoto A10 has the same powerful battery that gets 450 full-power flashes instead of 350, fast full-power recycling time of one second, and 20 wireless channels. What’s ground-breaking about the A10 is that you can sync it with your iPhone camera. The camera app syncs your iPhone with the A10 over Bluetooth connection – no additional hardware attachments needed. The App enables you to precisely control the A10’s flash tube power, its LED modelling light, and also control all other standard camera settings: shutter speed, ISO sensitivity and white balance in 1/3 EV steps. You can take photos in different image formats: HEIF, JPG, or raw. It even has a self-timer! Instead of sending an approximation of a shot to a colleague or client, email or text an actual professionally lit image. You can even download future firmware upgrades to the A10 through your smartphone.
The A10 was created for the professional photographer looking for portability and performance features or the ambitious non-professional who recognizes quality lighting but wants it comfortably and easily without the hassle of an overly technical interface. The A10 is easy to use. You can literally take it out of the box and start shooting. Weighing 1.2 lb including its battery, the A10’s sleek matte black finish not only appeals to the eye but to the tactile sense as well.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".