Sony a7S III Camera to Be Announced on July 28, 2020
SonyAlphaUniverse issued a teaser image that the Sony a7S III mirrorless camera will be officially announced on July 28, 2020 at 10:00 EDT.
Latest Sony a7S III rumors indicates that the video centric camera will shoot 4K video at 120p, 10bit 4:2:2, FHD video at 240p, while there will be no 8K video for a7S III. A previous interview also underlines that the a7S III will be a complete redesign of the whole system, including the image sensor.
A new 12MP stacked sensor is also coming and the full frame mirrorless camera will have a fully articulating screen like the one used in the Sony ZV-1. Here is what we know so far about the upcoming Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Can record FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- Support UHS-II SD card
- Official announcement around July 28, 2020
- Shipping will start in mid August
$400 off on Sony a7S II body: $1,998 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R5 body: $3,899 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama
Sony A7S III, Sony A7 IV, Sony A7R V and A9R Rumor Updates
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Read more Sony Camera Rumors here. See also Best Lenses for Sony Full Frame E-Mount