More Sony a7S III specs have been leaked. The long awaited Sony a7S III is expected to be announced at the end of this month. The video centric full frame mirrorless camera will compete against the newly announced Canon EOS R5 (Amazon, B&H, Adorama).
According to latest rumors, the Sony a7S III will shoot 4K video at 120p, 10bit 4:2:2, FHD video at 240p, while there will be no 8K video for a7S III. A previous interview also underlines that the a7S III will be a complete redesign of the whole system, including the image sensor. A new 12MP stacked sensor is on the horizon and the Sony A7sIII will have a fully articulating screen like the one used in the Sony ZV-1.
Below are latest rumored specs of Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Sony a7SIII can records FHD@240fps, 4K@120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K@120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- Fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- No overheating, No recording time limits
- Support UHS-II SD card
- Official announcement in late this month
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".