Here is the latest interview from Nikon. French website Phototrend had a chance to talk with Nikon manager about the new flagship Nikon D6 (Amazon | Adorama | B&HPhoto), upcoming Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Especially the new Nikkor Z 70-200mm F2.8 VR S lens is being delayed ‘due to production reasons’. Faster release of this lens becomes a priority.
In this review you can also find how does Nikon see the photography market in 2020 and coronavirus impact production at Nikon? See best lenses for Z6 and Z7.
Highlights from Nikon interview:
- Nikon will continue to promote F-mount and Z-mount systems to meet the demands of more users.
- DSLRs still have the upper hand over hybrid cameras in sports and press photography.
- Nikon plan to expand our entire Z-mount system, including the lens range.
- Nikon will meet the needs of hybrid photographers who take not only still images, but also video.
- DX format (APS-C) hybrid cameras are an important category for providing a portal for amateur photographers.
- Nikon believe that the expression capabilities enabled by the level of optical performance available only from the Z-mount system will appeal to professional users.
- Nikon plan to move faster on the schedule presented with the introduction of the Z mount system for expanding the range of lenses.
- The demand for a faster release of an f/2.8 trinity is particularly strong. Currently Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S lens is still out of stock everywhere.
- A lot of demand for pancake type lenses for Z-mount.
- Nikon will continue to make improvements to Z system through firmware updates.
- D6 was developed primarily for sports and press photographers.
- Nikon will continue to develop and offer products that meet the needs of customers.
You can see the full interview here.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!