Along with the Nikon D6 DSLR camera (B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon), Nikon has announced the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S and NIKKOR Z 24-200mm lenses with built-in stabilization. Both Nikon Z-mount lenses are in the company’s roadmap. There will be a total of 23 Z-mount mirrorless lenses by 2021.
The Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S joins existing 24mm, 35mm and 50mm F1.8 prime models, and weighs 17.8oz (505g). The lens construction consists of 14 elements in 11 groups, including three ED and three aspherical elements. It uses a nine-blade aperture and offers Nano Crystal Coating. The lens acceptsaccept 77mm filters.
The NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 comprises 19 elements in 15 groups with two ED, two aspherical and a single aspherical ED element. Built-in stabilization is rated to 4.5 stops and the lens uses a seven-blade aperture. It uses only the newer Arneo coating to reduce flare – no Nano Crystal Coating. The 24-200mm accepts 67mm filters and weighs 20.1oz (570g).
The US price for NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S lens is $1,049.95 at B&HPhoto/Adorama/Amazon., will be released in March, 2020. The US price NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 lens is $899.95 at B&HPhoto/Adorama/Amazon, will be released in April, 2020.
NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S primary features
- A focal length of 20 mm that enables dynamic imaging.
- Adoption of three aspherical lens elements and three ED glass elements ensures images that are incredibly sharp and clear all the way to the extreme edges of the frame, even at maximum aperture, regardless of shooting distance.
- Excellent point-image reproduction capability that ensures the rendering of point light sources as point images.
- An ultra-wide-angle lens that manages to achieve beautifully smooth bokeh that dramatically emphasizes the primary subject.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system* realizes sharp and clear images, even with shooting at close distances.
- Adoption of Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces the ghost and flare that landscape shots including the sun can cause.
- Incredible control over the distortion normally so common with ultra-wide-angle lenses, even at the extreme edges of the frame.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) and control ring realizes quiet operation and a smooth operational feel with video recording.
- Designed with consideration given to dust- and drip-resistant performance, and equipped with an electromagnetic aperture diaphragm mechanism for accurate aperture control.
- Operation consistent with other NIKKOR Z lenses in the f/1.8 maximum aperture series, enabling smooth transition when switching lenses.
NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR primary features
- 8.3x zoom that covers a broad range of focal lengths, from 24 mm to 200 mm.
- Adoption of one aspherical ED glass element, two ED glass elements, and two aspherical lens elements achieves both superior optical performance and a compact and lightweight design.
- Zooming operation designed with equilibrium in mind, the center of gravity remains basically the same when the lens is zoomed out all the way for ideal balance.
- Extremely sharp and clear images all the way to the edges of the frame, beginning at maximum aperture.
- Adoption of ARNEO Coat realizes clear images in which ghost and flare effects are minimized.
- Despite being a telephoto zoom lens, a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.28x allow users to capture subjects for bold and magnificent expression of the intended subject.
- A minimum focus distance of 0.5 m (1.64 ft) at 24 mm and 0.7 m (2.30 ft) at 200 mm allows users to capture subjects from very short distances
- Designed with consideration for video recording with smooth tracking and the ability to respond to focus breathing.
- Adoption of a zoom ring and control ring realizes a smooth operational feel during video recording.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) realizes fast, quiet, and accurate AF drive for both still-image and movie recording
- An optical vibration reduction (VR) mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop* increase in shutter speed.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance, and fluorine coat adopted for superior protection against dust, water, grease, and dirt.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".