Nikon upcoming DSLR and Mirrorless cameras that are rumored to arrive in 2020. You can find the list based on the latest information coming from anonymous sources from past few months.
Upcoming Nikon cameras are expected both in Nikon DSLR and Mirrorless models. Especially for the DSLR cameras, the announcements will happen once the stock lines becomes clear for the new ones. So, you can expect the announcement of these DSLRs from early-2020.
Here is an updated list of the product expectations of Nikon in 2020. Nikon is expected to announce at least three new cameras and several new lenses.
1. Nikon D5700
Nikon D5600 update is also expected to arrive in 2020. We do expect that Nikon D5700 will have 4K and a brand new sensor.
- 24-Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Expeed 5
- ISO up to 51,200
- Multi-CAM 4800 DX 51-Point AF Sensor
- 6fps Burst Speed
- 4K @30fps (expected)
- Snapbridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- Same body design ergonomics
- Price around $799
2. Nikon D780 (could be named as D760, D770 or D790)
In 2020, Nikon enthusiast will have the successor of Nikon D750 camera. The camera is rumored to have 4K video capability and enhanced core specification. The expected arrival date of the camera is in Q1 of 2020.
- The new Nikon D780 will be the new entry-level full-frame DSLR camera, to replace both D750 and D610.
- 24MP BSI improved sensor
- Articulated TFT LCD tilting touchscreen, 3.2″ with 2,100,000 dots
- Significantly improved processor (compared to the D750)
- Improved fps RAW shooting
- Video: 3840×2160 24p-30p, 1920×1080 24p-120p
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- No built-in flash
- Higher ISO (better than the D850)
- Dual SD UHSII card slots
- Between 51 and 153 AF points – one number that I was given is 105 AF points
- An updated interface like the Z-series
- Slightly smaller and lighter body than the current D750
- Nikon EN-EL15b battery (used also in the Z7, Z6, D850, D750 and other Nikon cameras)
- To be released in 2020 (it could be as early as January-February for the CP+ show, but this is not confirmed)
3. Nikon D6 DSLR
Nikon already announced the development of Nikon D6 DSLR camera. Based on the initial set of rumors we have, the camera is scheduled to be released in February of 2020. Check out the updated Nikon D6 specs.
Nikon D6 Rumored Specification
- 24 MP sensor
- 4K 60 video
- The D6 built-in sensor stabilization (IBIS) – Even better than Nikon Z7 / Z6 IBIS
- The D6 will have more features and customization options for various aspects of the camera and settings
- Companion applications will also see improvements but they will most likely launch after the camera release
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS, silent shooting for example)
- Improved dynamic range
- Improved/better AF system but probably with the same number of AF points
- Advanced video features with RAW recording (not sure if external or internal)
- Longer manual exposure times (like in the Nikon D810A): from 1/8000 – 120 seconds (up from 30 seconds)
- Dual CFExpress memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dots touchscreen
- Improved silent shooting modes
4. Nikon D7600
Nikon D7500 update is also overdue and scheduled to arrive in the year of 2020. The date of the Nikon D7600 arrival is unknown at the moment. The camera is said to feature same core specs as of Nikon D500 camera.
5. Nikon Z30 camera
We have already shown you the designs of to be announced Nikon Z30 camera. Nikon Z30 will be a new entry level APS-C mirrorless camera, sitting just behind the Nikon Z50. Nikon Z30 camera is rumored to feature 24mp DX format sensor and 4K video recording capability.
4. More Nikon Mirrorless Buzz – Nikon Z8 and Nikon Z9 Announcement?
Nikon representatives clearly hinted that there will be models below Nikon Z6, and Nikon APS-C Sensor based Mirrorless cameras are also coming. We expect a second Z-body other than the current Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7. This will probably a fast and speedy camera similar to the Sony’s Alpha A9.
The rumored 36MP sensor might be used in the Nikon Z9. The price for this camera will be around $4199 and released in November 2019. This will be the thirds Z body because Nikon will continue to use the Z6/Z7 and release Z6 II/Z7 II later.
- Nikon Z9: Development announcement could be as early as in this summer. This is the previously rumored high-end Z-mount full frame mirrorless camera (Z8) with dual card slots.
See also Nikon Z8 to Feature 60MP sensor
5. More Z-Mount lenses
Nikon has serious plans for the next three years of Z-mount lenses. According to the Nikon Z-Nikkor lens roadmap, they will release several new lenses in 2020 and 2021. This will make the lineup a total of 20 lenses for Nikon Z-mount.
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".