Panasonic has released a major firmware update for nearly ALL current MFT and fixed lens compact cameras.The products benefit from this firmware are the GH5, GH5s, G9, GF9, GF10, GX85,ZS70, ZS220.
The most significant update looks like the G9 as it gains most of the GH5’s video capabilities.
With this major upgrade Panasonic G9 advances a 10-bit 4:2:2 video capture for 4K at up to 30p and HDMI output of 10-bit 50 and 60p footage. Meanwhile, the GH5S and G9 also gain animal detect autofocus, while both those cameras and the GH5 gain AF-On Near Shift and AF-ON Far Shift options to prioritize near or distant subjects.
- Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
– Profoto wireless transmitters “Air Remote TTL-O” and “Profoto Connect-O” can be used.* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
- Improved AF performance
– [Animal Detect.] has been added to AF mode.– [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.– Focus Peaking function is available in any AF mode.– It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording mode when the video recording area is displayed.
- Other added functions
– [AWBw] has been added to WB mode.– [Highlight Weighted] has been added to metering mode.– [Exposure Offset Adjust.] has been added to Custom menu, which enables adjustment of the standard exposure value for all metering modes.– [0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
- Other improvements
– AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.– [MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the frame rate for smooth image display to enable easier manual focusing.
- Improved operational stability
– There were cases where Backup Recording using the Double Card Slot Function stopped during writing. This bug has been fixed.– AF operation following the pressing of [AF-ON] in MF mode was unstable when the LVF Frame Rate was at 120 fps and the camera was under dim lighting. This bug has been fixed.– There were cases where the images shot vertically did not rotate on playback. This bug has been fixed.
There were cases where the image stabilizer stopped operating after adjusting the white balance in the Creative Video mode.
This bug has been fixed.
[Exposure Comp. Disp. Setting] has been added to the [Custom] menu.
Check out also firmware updates for Panasonic full frame mirrorless cameras.