Canon’s new RF mount allows for fast, light, and high-performing optics with a large opening diameter and short back focus distance. As you might remember, along with the entry-level Canon EOS RP (B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon) full frame mirrorless camera, the company announced the development of six RF lenses which includes these three f/2.8 models. Click here.
Before these fast RF lenses, rumors indicate that the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM lens will hit the shelves in May. This will be the non-DS version. There has been nothing said about when we can expect the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM or the RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM to arrive.
RF 85mm f/1.2L to be Announced on May 9, RF 15-35, 24-70, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS Lenses to be Released in July
The six new RF lenses under development include:
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2 L USM DS
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L
Latest rumors about release dates of these lenses.
- RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens – Available for pre-order on May 9th, 2019
- RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens – Release date at the end of July, 2019
- RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens – Release date at the end of July, 2019
- RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens – Release date at the end of July, 2019
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon mirrorless and Canon Rumors.