Zeiss offers three OTUS prime lenses for DSLRs. They are 28mm, 55mm and 85mm with all fast f/1.4 aperture. The widest lens is the Otus 28mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which features a Distagon optical concept and apochromatic design. The standart prime lens is the Otus 55mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which also employs a Distagon optical design in order to produce well-corrected imagery. Finally, lineup also includes the Otus 85mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which is a bright portrait-length lens utilizing a Planar design.
The new Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4 lens will have APO Sonnar design with 86mm filter size. The official announcement should happen anytime soon.
Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4 Lens Specifications
- Mount: ZE (for Canon EF), ZF.2 (for Nikon F)
- Lens constitution: 11 groups 14 pieces
- Minimum shooting distance: 1.0 m
- APO Sonnar lens design
- Maximum shooting magnification: 1: 8.6
- Filter diameter: 86 mm
- Maximum diameter: 100.7 mm
- Focus ring diameter: 90.0 mm
- Total length (including the lens cap): ZE: 152.3 mm ZF. 2: 150.1 mm
- Total length (excluding the lens cap): ZE: 128.8 mm ZF. 2: 126.5 mm
- Weight: ZE: 1405g ZF. 2: 1336g
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.