ON1 has released its first free update for ON1 Photo RAW 2019. The new 2019.1 version features enhanced Focus Stacking, masking and portrait features, as well as improvements to the Lightroom plug-in and enhancements suggested by users.
ON1 Photo RAW 2019.1 is a game changer. It gives photographers the features they use the most from the Lightroom and Photoshop worlds in a single application. With the new version, users now have the option output as layers with layer masks, as well, for additional manual adjustments. The Focus Stacking dialog and HDR window previews now include panning and zooming.
What’s New in ON1 Photo RAW 2019.1 (22.214.171.12464)
ON1 Photo RAW 2019.1 includes improvements suggested by users as well as bug fixes. It is recommended for all users:
- Improved Focus Stacking — The Focus Stacking algorithms have been improved. This makes the alignment of each photo more accurate and the blending of the photos produces less speckling in the bokeh regions and water. You can also output the results as layers with layer masks so you can tune the results manually. You can also zoom and pan the preview in the Focus Stacking dialog.
- Portrait Improvements — The accuracy of face finding has been improved. It now finds more small faces and less false faces. You can also delete faces.
- Masking Improvements — Inverting and copy/pasting masks are now more predictable.
- Saving layered .ONPhoto files is faster and the resulting file is a little smaller.
- Adobe® Lightroom® Plug-in Improvements — The Open as layers option now saves the results as a layered PSD or flattened TIF/JPG based on your preferences and round-trip with Lightroom. The migration assistant now migrates the pick flag from Lightroom to the Like hearts in ON1 Photo RAW.
- Import/Export Keyword List — You can no import and export the keyword list.
- Zoom & Pan the preview in the HDR Dialog.
- User suggested improvements — The Crop tool preset is now remembered across photos, You can reset the layer properties, cursors are more precise for plus/minus modes, scroll position is maintained when culling with a filter enabled.
- Added support for these cameras — Nikon Z 6, Nikon D3500, Sony XH99, Pentax K-1 II, Fujfillm GFX 50R, Leica C-Lux.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is available today for $99.99. Previous owners of any ON1 product can upgrade for $79.99. A 30-day free trial of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is also available for download from the ON1 website.