New functions include the improvement of in-body image stabilization performance for X-H1, 4K HDR video recording and simultaneous output of Film Simulation / F-Log footage for X-T3, and 35mm format mode for GFX 50S.
You can find the full details of the firmware updates for FUJIFILM GFX 50S, FUJIFILM X-T3, and FUJIFILM X-H1.
[ FUJIFILM GFX 50S Ver. 3.30 : End of November 2018 ]
- Supports “35mm Format Mode” when using GF Lens and H mount adapter: “35mm Format Mode” crops the center of the sensor 36.0mm x 24.0mm (30.5M) and records JPEG and RAW file.
- Improved eye-sensor response: Reduced the time to switch between EVF and LCD when you select “eye-sensor” on the viewfinder display settings.
- Supports simultaneous delete for RAW and JPEG files: When RAW / JPEG is selected in the card slot setting (for still image), RAW/JPEG image can be deleted simultaneously. By selecting “OFF”, only the RAW image will be deleted.
- Supports EVF and LCD color adjustment: Color of EVF/LCD is adjustable from screen setting menu.
[ FUJIFILM X-T3 Ver. 2.00 : December 2018 ]
- 4K HDR video recording in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
Supports 4K HDR video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), one of the formats defined in the ITU-R international standards *. It allows the capture of rich and realistic images in a scene where there is a huge gap between highlight and shadow, or subjects with high color saturation.
* Only compatible with H.265(HEVC). Please enjoy with television or display compatible with HLG formats.
- Simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage **: Supports simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage. It allows you to record in F-Log while checking Film Simulation image on an external monitor.
** Not compatible with 59.94P/50P, FHD high speed rec., 4K interframe NR, and HDMI output info display mode.
Also, cannot choose different image size (4K/FHD) for HDMI output and internal SD card recording
- Recording over 4GB movie file as one file: Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB) ****
*** By using SD memory cards less than or equal to 32GB, movie recording will continue without
interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, however subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file.
- Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD: Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD.
- Supports slower shutter speeds with DCI4K/4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P *4: Slower shutter speeds than the framerate can be selected with 4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P.
*4 Cannot select slower shutter speed than framerate with DCI/4K 59.94P/50P or LongGOP recording.
- 6. Compatible with ALL-Intra and maximum bitrate 400Mbps with H.264: Using H.264 compression, you will now to be able to select ALL-Intra at a maximum bitrate of 400Mbps.
- 7. Display power supply icon: Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD *5 and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD *6
*5Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*6Product may not be available on your country.
[ FUJIFILM X-H1 Ver. 2.00 : December 2018 ]
- 1. In-body image stabilization and optical image stabilization now work together to improve overall stability
With an XF or XC optical image stabilized lens, in-body image stabilization worked with 3 axis (up and down / optical axis rotation). The remaining 2 axis (right and left pitch, yaw angle) was controlled by optical image stabilization in the lens. This firmware has a new image stabilization algorithm to allow the in-body image stabilization to work in all 5 axis and to achieve more than five-stops (up to the equivalent of 5.5 stops *7 ) image stabilization by cooperative control according to the types of frequency and blur amount.
To activate this function, lenses are necessary to be updated to latest firmware version. Please check the latest firmware version from the link below.
*7 Based on CIPA standards. When using XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS, and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II.
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.