Designed for Sony full-frame E-mount cameras, the new Zeiss Batis 40mm f/2 CF FE lens is now available for pre-order.
The ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF “bridges the gap” between the ZEISS Batis 2/25 and ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 and falls between the standard 35 and 50 mm lenses.
The lens is weather-sealed, making it suitable for use in a variety of conditions and has a metal construction. CF is called for Close Focus, and offers focus as close as 24cm with 1:3.3 image scale.This is much closer than other prime lenses. As a Batis lens it also has an OLED display for DOF information.
The price of the new ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF is 1.299 US$ at B&H, Adorama. This is the fifth lens in the series. Check out all the Batis lenses at major stores for availability (B&H Photo Video | Adorama | Amazon). Shipping is scheduled to start on November 15, 2018.
Zeiss Batis 40mm f/2 CF FE Lens Specifications
- Focal length: 40 mm
- Aperture range: f/2 – f/22
- Lens elements/Groups: 9/8
- Optical image stabilization: No
- Focusing range: 0.24 m (0.78 ft) – ∞
- Free working distance: 0.14 m (0.45 ft) – ∞
- Angular field* (diag. / horiz. / vert.): 56° / 47° / 33°
- Diameter of image field: 43.3 mm (1.7″)
- Flange focal distance: 18.0 mm (0.71″)
- Coverage at close range (MOD)*: 79 x 117 mm (3.1 x 4.6″)
- Image ratio at MOD: 1:3.3
- Filter thread: M67 x 0.75
- Entrance pupil position (in front of image plane): 75.1 mm (2.96″)
- Rotation angle of focusing ring (inf – MOD): Focusing not mechanically coupled. Rotation angle depending on rotation speed.
- Diameter max. (with lens shade): 91 mm (3.6″)
- Diameter of focusing ring: 78 mm (3.1″)
- Length (without lens caps): 93 mm (3.7″)
- Length (with lens caps): 106 mm (4.2″)
- Weight (without lens caps): 361 g (0.80 lbs)
*Format / referring to 36mm format
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".