Nikon full frame mirrorless camera announcement is expected to take place early next week. Now, let’s gather up the rumors that leaked about the upcoming Nikon full frame mirrorless camera until this time.
There are two new models to be reported. One of them is expected to be announced on August 23, with the top-of-the-line 45MP resolution sensor. The other 24MP sensor mentioned could be introduced at Photokina 2018 event about a month later.
So as far as we know the upcoming high-resolution 45MP Nikon full frame mirrorless camera will cost around $4,670 and 24MP Nikon FF model will be priced around $2,900.
Full Nikon full frame mirrorless camera specs
- Two mirrorless cameras: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the Sony a7 III camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip.
- Over 400 AF points, not sure about the exact number, it should be somewhere between 430-450. The AF is supposed to be very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- There is a second LCD screen on the top of the camera just like the Fuji X-H1.
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- No built-in flash
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- Initially, three lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (the 35 and 50mm could be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 25MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
- The official announcement is rumored for August 23rd and shipping shortly after (August 23rd).
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".