Sony has released firmware update version 3.0 for the Sony Alpha A9 mirrorless sports camera.
This looks like a major firmware that improves auto focus performance, flash control and functionality. Sony also improved the “all-round operational stability”. Several minor changes has also been applied with this update.
Unfortunately this upgrade doesn’t feature the so-called S-log support yet. We also know the community waits for picture profiles and continuous video file naming. Maybe in the next firmware falks. Check out the details and download links of this A9 firmware v3.00 below. Best Lenses for Sony A9
Sony A9 firmware update V3.00 Details
Added functions for professionals engaged in sports/news media:
- Adds the Write Serial Number option (On/Off) to the menu for selecting your preference in writing the serial number to the Exif data
Improvements in auto focus performance and functionality:
- Improves tracking performance of moving subjects in AF-C mode
- Improves auto focus speed in low light
- Adds AF Track Sens as a selectable option for custom key settings
- Adds support for all focus areas when using LA-EA3 mount adaptor
(Focus Area options added: Zone, Expand Flexible Spot, and Lock-on AF)
Improvements in flash control performance and functionality:
- Reduced release time lag when shooting with flash
- Adds support for Slow Sync and Rear Sync when using flash wirelessly
- Adds support for white balance automatic correction when using color filter of external flash (HVL-F60RM)
- Stabilized release time lag when shooting in AF-C mode
- Improves overall stability of the camera
Check out the Sony a9 accessories:
- Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip for a9: $348 at Amazon.
- Sony PCK-LG1 Screen Protect Glass Sheet: $29.99 at Amazon.
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh): $78 at Amazon.
- Sony GP-X1EM Grip Extension: $128 at Amazon.
- Sony NPAMQZ1K Multi Battery Adaptor Kit: $398 at Amazon.
- Sony BC-QZ1 Battery Charger: $88 at Amazon.