Canon full frame mirrorless camera is currently in development. According to previous rumors, there are several prototype camera bodies currently being tested by selected photographers.
Photokina 2018 opens its doors in September. There is a strong chance that Canon will announce or hint a development process for the long-rumored Canon Full Frame mirrorless camera.
What we know so far is that the Canon FF body has a top down LCD like the Leica SL. A press of the shutter button in burst mode sounded like it shot over 10fps. There were no markings on branding on the body. Below you can see the first Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera specs.
Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Rumored Specs
- Look & Feel: large grip with top LCD, very comfortable to hold; dials are very similar to those we found on the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Side articulating screen
- Sensor: Upgraded version of the EOS 5D Mark IV sensor, obviously includes DPAF.
- Frame rate: 10FPS
- Silent shutter and 1/16000sec shutter speed is available
- Focus control is very similar to EOS 5D Mark IV’s 61-pt AF system.
- Dual SD card slots
- Video Features: C-Log 1/2/3, Focus Guide
- Formats available: 60p/30p/24p 4K (both DCI & UHD can be chosen).
- FHD 120p
- Weight: not very light, but similar to Sony A7 but a bit larger due to the big grip.
What do you think about this specs list? Please feel free to relay your comments on the upcoming Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera.