Blackmagic Design has officially announced the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K at NAB 2018 show. The US price for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is $1,295 and available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama. Shipping will start on September 3, 2018.
The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is built around a Four Thirds sensor with dual native ISO and a native DCI 4K (4096×2160) resolution, and will record DCI 4K at 60 fps and windowed HD (a native 1080 crop) at up to 120 fps in either 10-bit ProRes or 12-bit Raw formats. Various internal recording media are supported including standard SD cards, UHS-II cards, and CFast 2.0 cards.
As a bonus, the camera also includes a license to the full version of DaVinci Resolve Studio software, which normally sells for $300.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Features
- Full size 4/3 sized sensor with native 4096 x 2160 resolution sized sensor.
- Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses.
- Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture for high end feature film look.
- Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Carbon fiber polycarbonate composite body which makes it lightweight, portable and durable.
- Multi function grip for quick access to recording start/stop, still photos, ISO, shutter, aperture,white balance, power and more.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- USB-C expansion port allows longer duration recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as 10-bit ProRes and 12 bit RAW.
- Features full size HDMI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay.
- Professional mini XLR input with 48 volts of phantom power for connecting to pro microphones.
- 3.5mm audio jack, headphone jack, and locking DC 12 volt power connection.
- Built in 5” LCD touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 4K.
- LCD supports on screen overlays including status, histogram, focus peaking, and transport controls.
- Records 4K images at up to 60 frames per second and windowed HD at up to 120 frames per second.
- 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- 4th generation Blackmagic color science.
- Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
- Includes full license for DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color, visual effects and audio post production.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".