Yashica has announced the DigiFilm Camera Y35 camera. It is a new digital camera that uses “DigiFilm” which you need to put in the camera to switch between different ISO speeds and camera settings.
Yashica DigiFilm Camera Y35 will be able to use ISO 1600 High Speed digiFilm for grainy images and shooting fast moving subjects, an ISO 400 Black & White digiFilm, an ISO 200 Ultra Fine digiFilm, and a ISO 200 “6 x 6” cartridge that makes the camera capture square images.
Yashica Y35 digiFilm special is priced for $124 on the Kickstarter page. This comes with Yashica Y35 camera and the ISO 200 Ultra Fine digiFilm, plus a Yashica digiFilm post card. The package for $142 includes an additional digiFilm of your choice.
Yashica launches Y35 digiFilm camera that uses digital ‘film’ cartriges
Here are the details on the new Yashica digiFilm camera (the camera uses digiFilm cartridges):
Yashica digiFilm camera specifications:
- 1/3.2-inch CMOS sensor
- 14 megapixel photos
- Built-in viewfinder
- Apertures of f2.8
- Focal Length 35mm
- A minimum focusing distance of 1m (~3 feet) to infinity
- 5 selectable steps shutter speeds 1s, 1/30s, 1/60s, 1/250s, 1/500s
- SD card storage (wifi card compatible)
- Micro USB connectivity for data transfers
- Tripod mount ready
- Operate with 2 x AA batteries
- Image controlled by digiFilm™
- Body Only: 100 (w) x 64 (h) x 28 (d) mm
- With lens and switch: 110 (w) x 70 (h) x 55 (d) mm