Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera officially announced. The successor to the EOS M10 brings 24.2MP sensor with Dual Pixel autofocus to the entry-level mirrorless range for the first time.
The Canon EOS M100 maintains its predecessor’s built-in Wi-Fi with NFC, tilting 3″ 1.03M-dot touchscreen, and pop-up flash. Improvements are the DIGIC 7 processor as well as 1080/30p to 1080/60p video capture and 4 fps burst shooting with continuous AF (6 fps with single AF).
Canon says it’s the slimmest and lightest of its M-series offerings yet, and touts a newly designed touch interface for its beginner-friendly Creative Assist mode.
Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera officially announced
Expand Your Horizons with Useful Functions
The EOS M100 camera sports a host of useful functions for users of any level—whether a true beginner in the world of photography or someone who simply wants to take their images or video to the next level. These functions include:
- Video Mode: Record Full HD 1080/60p video or picturesque time-lapse movies with the push of a button or use Hybrid Auto to pull still frames form HD video recording
- Continuous Shooting: Don’t miss a moment with up to 4 frames-per-second (fps) continuous shooting; up to 6.1 with fixed AF
- ISO Range: 100-25,600 ISO range helps capture sharp images, even in low light
- In-Camera RAW Conversion: Allows users to experiment with RAW photography and experiment with various in-camera expressions
- Self-Portrait Mode: Using the 180-degree tilt of the LCD screen, take beautiful selfies and adjust brightness, focus and Smooth Skin functions with ease
- HDR Backlight Control: Shoot three images with different exposures to help naturally correct scenes that are backlit or show differences in contrast
- Bulb exposure: Continue shooting after the shutter button is released for light painting or capturing fireworks
- Creative Filters: To add a personal touch, choose from a variety of creative filter options like Grainy Film, Art Bold, Fish-eye Effect and more