Canon has unveiled the EOS M6 mirrorless camera before for the CP+ 2017 event. This is an upgraded version of the EOS M3, which was released in 2015.
The new camera shares essentially all of the M5’s internal components. The EOS M6 specs list include the 24MP APS-C sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Digic 7 processor. It’s also capable of recording videos at 1080/60p. Bundled with 3″ touchscreen, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth on the connectivity side.
If you wonder about the differences for the EOS M6, they are limited to the built-in EVF on the M5 and the flip-up selfie screen on the M6. The MILC gains an additional top plate control dial compared to the M3, which should improve handling.
The Canon EOS M6 will start shipping from April 2017 in both black and silver. The price will stand at $780 body-only, with the EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM for $900 or with the EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM for $1280. The EVF-DC2 is priced at $250 and also comes in black and silver.
|Check Camera Stores for Availability|
|Canon EOS M6||$780||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
Canon EOS M6 mirrorless camera becomes official with optional EVF
The company also announced an optional EVF (the EVF-DC2) for use with the M6. This 2.36M-dot electronic viewfinder is smaller and lighter than the EVF-DC1 used by the M3.
EOS M6 Key Features
- Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 7.0 frames per second (fps) (up to 9.0 fps with AF Lock)
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100–25600
- Full HD 60p
- Combination IS with five-axis Image Stabilization*
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2, NFC3 and Bluetooth®4 technology
- Intuitive Touch Screen, 3.0-inch Tilt-type LCD
- Control & Customize with Five Functional Dials
- Compatible with EF, EF-S and EF-M Lenses & select EOS System Accessories
Electronic Viewfinder EVF-DC2 key benefits:
- Compose with confidence
- A different way of working
- Portable design you can take anywhere