Canon has introduced the EOS 77D DSLR camera (known as the EOS 9000D in some regions). This models is the replacement to the current Rebel T6s/EOS 760D.
The new EOS 77D has a position above the Canon’s Rebel line of entry-level DSLRs and below the mid-level EOS 80D. It features a 24.2MP sensor with Dual Pixel autofocus and updated Digic 7 processor. The specs list include a 45-point all-cross-type AF system and 7650-pixel RGB+IR metering system.
The camera offers an ISO range of 100-25600, continuous 6 fps burst shooting with autofocus. It can capture videos at 1080/60p and comes with Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth LE.
The Canon EOS 77D release date is scheduled for April 2017. It will sell for $899.99 body only, $1049.00 with the new EF-S 18-55mm F4-5.6 IS STM lens and $1,499.00 with the 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM lens.
|Check Camera Stores for Availability|
|Canon EOS 77D||$899||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
New Canon EOS 77D sits between Rebel T7i and EOS 80D
The EOS 77D also features a top LCD panel and quick control dial for photographers who desire quicker and easier access to changing and controlling settings on the camera.
EOS 77D Key Features
- Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100–25600
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth technology
- Vari-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD
- Movie Electronic IS
- HDR Movie & Time-Lapse Movie
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.0 frames per second (fps)
For advanced amateur photographers looking to expand their knowledge and experience with digital SLR cameras, Canon’s new DSLR is the ideal next step camera for them. The EOS 77D represents a new category of advanced amateur EOS cameras, a step above the Rebel series.