Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Announced
Samsung has announced the new 4K video recording mirrorless camera, Samsung NX1.
Samsung’s flagship model NX1 features a 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS sensor produces high-resolution images and also 4K video at 24 fps, UHD at 30 fps, and full 1080p HD video at up to 60 fps.
The Samsung NX1 specs list also includes a sharp, 3.0″ HD 1036k-dot touchscreen monitor and 205 phase-detection AF points benefit both cinematographers and still photographers. The XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is also built-in.
Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Announced
Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Price
The price for Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Digital Camera body only is $1,499. Samsung NX1 with 16-50mm f/2-2.8 S ED OIS Lens kit price is $2,799.
|Buy Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera|
|Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera||$1,499||Amazon | Adorama
Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Features
28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor
A large 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor works to produce high-resolution digital imagery while maintaining good shadow details and enhancing low-light performance throughout the camera’s 100 to 51,200 ISO range.
4K Recording at 24 fps, UHD Recording at 30 fps and 1080p Full HD Recording at up to 60 fps.As a 4K-capable camera, the NX1 is among the most compact cameras in its class. Aside from 4K, video may be recorded in Ultra-HD as well as in full HD. To help ensure that even the highest resolution video files are easy work with, the NX1 accommodates UHS-I or UHS-II memory cards and employs HEVC (H.265) compression. Additionally, video may be recorded directly to an external device with a 4:2:2 (8-bit) output signal.
Hybrid Autofocus System
The Advanced Hybrid Autofocus system utilizes 205 phase and 209 contrast-detection autofocus points to acquire focus quickly and precisely. The phase-detection method is ideal for gaining focus in an expedited manner while contrast-detection is employed to fine-tune the focus for critical applications. When combined, focusing is sharp and leads to making photos in a natural and intuitive manner.
A 15 fps burst rate with continuous autofocus and a 1/8000 sec top shutter speed keeps even the fastest action sharp. If needed, high shutter speeds are also possible in low light with an ISO range of 100 to 51,200.
Smart Shooting Modes
A full menu of “smart” modes is available to accommodate most imaging scenarios. They include: Action Freeze, Beauty Face, Fireworks, Landscape, Light Trace, Multi-Exposure, Night, Panorama (Live), Rich Tone (HDR), Samsung Auto Shutter, Silhouette, Sunset, and Waterfall. For more direct control over the output, Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, and Shutter Priority modes can also be selected.
Clear Viewing Options
Whether filming video or taking still photos, a tiltable 3.0″ HD 1036k-dot touchscreen monitor is provided for subject framing, menu selection, and image review. When use of a viewfinder is preferred, an XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is available that turns on when brought up to one’s eye.
Files saved on a memory card within the NX1 can be downloaded off the camera via its speedy USB 3.0 connection. When wirelessly accessing images stored to the camera is preferred, NFC capability allows individual files to be transferred to a smartphone or tablet with one tap. Large groups of images may be transferred using 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 3.0 technology can be used to easily activate the Wi-Fi while allowing a connected phone to constantly feed accurate GPS data to the camera for tagging to photos and videos in real-time.
Samsung NX Lens Mount
A broad array NX-mount of lenses is available for use, ranging from wide-angle primes to long-reaching zooms. The ability to change and utilize different lenses depending on the situation at hand aids in producing captivating and more dynamic imagery. Additionally, the NX1 is compatible with the unique 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens that enables one-lens creation of true 3D photos and movies.
Samsung 50-150mm f/2.8 ED OIS S Lens
The price for Samsung 50-150mm f/2.8 ED OIS S Lens is $1,599
Samsung 50-150mm f/2.8 ED OIS S Lens Specifications
- 77-231mm (35mm equivalent)
- Aperture range: f/2.8-22
- 4 ED/1 XHR elements
- 20 elements in 13 groups
- Optical image stabilization
- Ultra-precise stepping motor
- 72mm filter diameter
Samsung 50-150mm f/2.8 ED OIS S Lens Features
- Configured with Samsung NX Mount and is a Premium “S” Series lens
- Has a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 77-231mm, suitable for portraits, sports photography, or wildlife
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture enables effective low-light shooting and shallow depth of field, and the lens can be stopped down to f/22
- Includes 20 elements in 13 groups, including four ED (extra-low dispersion) and one XHR (eXtreme High Refractive) elements for excellent clarity, detail and sharpness. ED elements minimize chromatic aberration. The XHR element helps to make possible a more compact and lightweight lens, providing the same benefits as a greater number of standard optical glass elements
- Optical image stabilization counteracts motion blur due to user movement for clear shots
- Ultra-Precise Stepping Motor (UPSM) improves upon the conventional Stepping Motor (SM), offering three times the precision in its ability to focus on subjects
- SHS (Samsung Hyper Shield) Coating protects the front element from dust, water, fingerprints, and smears
- Custom Range Focus Limiter allows the user to specify a distance within to autofocus for faster performance
- Dust and splash-proof design for extra durability