Canon EOS-1D C Firmware Update V1.2.0 Coming Soon
A new firmware update for Canon EOS-1D C Cinema Camera expected to be announced soon. Canon Japan has posted some information about the Canon EOS-1D C firmware update.
According to the translated text the firmware update version 1.2.0 includes the following changes. The new firmware update V 1.2.0 will be available in one week period to Canon EOS-1D C cinema camera.
See the changes for the upcoming firmware update of this camera below.
Canon EOS-1D C Firmware Update V1.2.0
- 25fps framerate added for 4K video (PAL)
- Ability to disable “Image Size” button added
- Fixed Auto Lighting Optimizer bug that caused exposure differences in continuous shooting mode (still images)
- Fixed duplication of recorded files when using an external video recorder via HDMI output
- Frame rate is now shown with two decimal places. Example 24p to 23.98p (fps)
From Canon Europe
Canon has announced that a feature upgrade for the groundbreaking EOS-1D C DSLR, that includes the addition of support for 25p recording at the camera’s maximum 4K resolution, is now available from Canon’s authorised service facilities in Europe.
The new EOS-1D C feature upgrade makes a number of new features available in the camera:
- Provides support for 25.00p (fps) video recording frame rate (PAL settings) at the camera’s maximum 4K resolution.
- A function to disable the image size selection button has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a difference in exposure appears on every other shot when shooting continuously and the auto-lighting optimizer is turned on (on weak, standard or strong).
Furthermore, this upgrade provides a number of additional fixes for existing features:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which video recorded onto an external recorder sometimes becomes two-layered if it has been recorded through HDMI output.
- The video frame rate now displays two additional decimal places, e.g. 24p -> 23.98p (fps).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Auto ISO Range” option.
- Corrects errors in the Portuguese language menu.