Canon’s entry level full-frame digital SLR camera Canon EOS 6D is becoming highly popular. DPReview has published a depth review of Canon EOS 6D digital SLR camera. You can find the features and technical specs of Canon EOS 6D here and some conclusion from the Dpreview is below.
From the Canon EOS 6D Review of DPReview
The review of the Canon EOS 6D has been completed over at DPReview. They seem to be fairly positive about it, maybe less so than I am. I think the camera is great with terrific IQ. However, they did notice the same thing that I did, the battery drain with wifi and GPS turned on is quite significant, so be sure to buy an extra battery if you don’t have one.
I also don’t miss the autofocus system of the 5D Mark III when I’m using the EOS 6D, 95% of the time I find I don’t need anything beyond the center AF point. However, this point is personal preference and you may decide you need more cross-type AF points.
The list the pros of the EOS 6D
- Excellent detail in raw file output across ISO range
- Class-leading low light focus sensitivity (from central AF point)
- Very effective JPEG noise reduction at highest ISO sensitivities
- Impressively quiet ‘silent’ shutter drive mode
- Quick Control menu provides easy access to shooting settings
- Wi-Fi-enabled remote camera control via smartphone or tablet
- Effective and easy to use multi-exposure HDR mode
- Built-in GPS with text log capability
- Exposure simulation in live view can be toggled on and off
- Full manual control in video mode
- Choice of IPB and All-I video compression modes
- In-camera Raw conversion
- Good battery life (except when GPS and Wi-Fi are turned on)
- High quality bundled raw converter (Digital Photo Professional)
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".