Canon has announced the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM, which has become the first macro lens for its EF-M mount.
The EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM from Canon is the world’s first autofocus lens which is capable of focusing at both infinity and at 1.2x magnification.
The optic has two user-controllable built-in LED macro lights and offers true 1:1 reproduction. The macro lens provides a full-frame equivalent of 45mm focal length with a maximum aperture of f/3.5. It uses an STM motor and offers a hybrid image stabilization for a claimed 3.5 stop compensation.
Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens officially announced
The EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM is the fifth lens for company’s EOS M system. With a close-focus point of 13mm, the lens may cast its own shadow on the subject, but counters this with a built-in Macro Lite, which can be controlled by a switch letting you change the lighting intensity and direction on one or both sides.
- Hybrid IS, the same feature as found on Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens, helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet focusing operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
- One UD lens and two aspherical lenses help deliver outstanding image quality at all distance settings by reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations.
- Angle of view similar to a 45mm standard lens (35mm equivalent) provides flexible image capture of various subjects and scenes at macro distances and beyond.
- Tapered lens top shape makes it easy to capture high-quality images at close range without casting shadows.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 44.8 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-M|
|Angle of View||51.55°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.66″ (9.3 cm)|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.40 x 1.79″ (60.9 x 45.5 mm)|
|Weight||4.59 oz (130 g)|