Cosina announced the ULTRON 27mm F2 interchangeable lens for Fujifilm X mount. The lens was originally revealed earleir this year at the CP+ show in Japan. The new bright aperture prime will start shippng from June 2023.
The Ultron 27mm f/2 is constructed of six elements arranged into four groups and features an aperture range of f/2 through f/22 via a 10-bladed diaphragm. It has a minimum focusing distance of 0.25 meters (about 9.8 inches).
The Cosina Voigtlander Ultron 27mm f/2 is expected to be released in June 2023 for 73,000 yen, or about $537. More details on the Cosina ULTRON 27mm F2 X-mount Lens can be found below.
Cosina ULTRON 27mm F2 X-mount Lens
- Equipped with an optical system optimized for the image sensor of Fujifilm X system camera. High resolution is maintained even in the image periphery without relying on the camera’s optical correction function, and phenomena such as color cast are suppressed.
- Equipped with electronic contacts for highly reliable electrical communication between the lens and body. In addition to Exif information, focus check, and display linked to shooting distance, the combination of a body that supports telecommunications and the latest firmware also supports in-body image stabilization and parallax correction for certain models.
- The use of an all-metal helicoid unit that has been processed and adjusted with high precision and high-quality grease that produces just the right amount of torque enables focusing with a smooth operating feel.
- Beautiful bokeh with 10 aperture blades.
- A mechanism is used in which the aperture ring is directly linked to the opening and closing of the aperture blades. With a 1/3 step click, you can enjoy the feeling of operating the mechanism directly.
- Despite its compact style, the shortest shooting distance is 0.25m.
- The suggested retail price is 73,000 yen excluding tax.
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.