Nikon Z9 Firmware Update Version 3.10 Released
Nikon has released a major firmware update version 3.10 for the Nikon Z9 mirrorless camera. It adds support for NIKKOR Z 85 mm f/1.2 S lenses, improves focus accuracy, frame advance rate high-frequency and fixes several issues.
The Nikon Z9 is one of the most powerful cameras on the market, capable of up to 30 fps shooting in JPEG or 20 with Raw capture, and able to record 8K/30 video, with the promise of 12-bit Raw 8K/60 capture in a future firmware update. It’s also one of relatively few cameras on the market to completely forego a mechanical shutter, a design decision made possible by the impressively fast read-out speed of the new sensor.
Nikon Z9 is available for pre-order and currently selling for $5,496.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. You can see the details of Nikon Z9 Firmware Update Version 3.10 as well as download link.
Nikon Z9 Firmware Update Version 3.10
Here are the changes from “C” firmware version 3.01 to 3.10:
- Added support for NIKKOR Z 85 mm f/1.2 S lenses.
- Improved focus accuracy for low-contrast subjects during burst photography with [Wide-area AF (S)], [Wide-area AF (L)], [Wide-area AF (C1)], [Wide-area AF (C2)], [3D-tracking], or [Auto-area AF] selected for [AF-area mode].
- Improved the frame advance rate during burst photography with optional flash units.
- Fixed the following issues:
- The [Retouch] > [Trim] item in the playback “i” menu would in rare cases create distorted copies or not permit selection of the desired crop.
- Copies created by blending a large number of pictures together using the [Retouch] > [Lighten] item in the playback “i” menu would sometimes exhibit a green color cast.
- Rating pictures during playback zoom would in some instances temporarily corrupt the display.
- In extremely rare cases, the camera would stop responding.
Notice – Time Required to Complete This Update: This update takes approximately 6 minutes. A progress bar will be displayed when the update begins, but when updating from a “C” firmware version earlier than 2.00 you may notice that it takes about 2 minutes for the progress bar to be displayed. Do not turn off the camera until the firmware update is complete.
Nikon Z9 body: $5,496.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!