Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 Lens Announced for Fuji X Mount
Samyang has officially announced the Samyang 75mm AF 75mm f/1.8 for Fujifilm X mount. It’s their second X mount AF lens after the Samyang AF 12mm f/2 X.
The Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 X is a lightweight, telephoto lens that’s compatible with the Fujifilm X Series. The AF 75mm F1.8 X offers a full-frame equivalent focal length of about 112.5mm, is lightweight, compact and offers excellent resolution along with beautiful bokeh.
The new Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 X lens for Fujifilm X Series camera will be available in March/April 2023 for £395 (probably $549 in US). Check availability at BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama.
From Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 Lens Press Text
Samyang Optics (CEO Hwang Choong-hyun), a global optical brand, announces the new AF 75mm F1.8 X designed for Fujifilm X-mount cameras. This new overwhelming lightweight telephoto autofocus lens is the perfect match for the compact and lightweight Fujifilm X Series mirrorless digital cameras. The AF 75mm F1.8 X offers a full-frame equivalent focal length of about 112.5mm.
The AF 75mm F1.8 X is superlight and compact, so it matches perfectly with compact APS-C sensor size mirrorless Fujifilm cameras. Weighing only 257g (9.0oz), it is more than 2 times lighter than similar lenses in the market. Thanks to its compact size and lightweight, it is suitable for use on a gimbal, in combination with the small and light Fujifilm X series cameras.
This compact & lightweight prime lens offers outstanding performance with Samyang’s advanced optical technology of over 50 years. The 2 HR (High Refractive) and 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements of this new AF 75mm F1.8 X provide a stunning contrast and resolution in all areas of the image. This lens does not adopt even a single aspherical glass in its elements so that it can create refined and smooth bokeh.
The AF 75mm F1.8 X is advantageous for video shooting with its reliable autofocus performance and new “Preset Aperture Control” function on the “Custom Switch – Mode 2”. Now, the Fujifilm X-mount camera users can control the depth of field more smoothly without noise or vibration when they are shooting videos. Weather sealing is adopted on 5 spots, preventing the damage or contamination of dust, light rain, and snow.
AF 75mm f/1.8 X Key Features:
- Compact Size & Light Weight – The AF 75mm F1.8 X is the smallest (69.3mm/2.7in length) and lightest (257g/26.5oz weight) autofocus telephoto lens designed for Fuji X-mount users. Its compact size and lightweight maximize the portability and usability and it’s a great match to compact Fujifilm mirrorless cameras.
- Excellent Resolution in All Areas of the Image – The 2 HR (High Refractive) and 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements of this new AF 75mm F1.8 X provide a stunning contrast and resolution in all areas of the image. Samyang’s advanced coating technology maintains excellent image sharpness and clear image even in poor lighting conditions.
- Impressive Background with Refined and Beautiful Bokeh – The F1.8 maximum aperture of this new AF 75mm F1.8 X lens provides an extremely narrow depth of field expression and amazing out-of-focus images. A 9-blade circular aperture design creates a beautifully blurred background at a narrow depth of field. Its smooth bokeh and blurred background can make subjects stand out in images with deep dimensional impact.
- Fast and Accurate Auto Focus – The AF 75mm F1.8 X tracks the subject accurately and quickly, whilst the AF operates quietly and smoothly in video recording mode. In particular, it is advantageous for video shooting as this compact and lightweight lens is suitable for use on a gimbal, in combination with the small and light Fujifilm X series cameras.
- Custom Switch Mode 1 & 2 – The AF 75mm F1.8 X includes a new special feature, the “Preset Aperture Control” function on the “Custom Switch – Mode 2”. You can control the depth of field more smoothly without noise and vibration when you record videos in AF mode. On the “Custom Switch – Mode 1”, it operates with the “Focus Control” function in MF shooting mode, so you can adjust the focus precisely, by rotating the focus ring. More functions will be added through firmware updates in the future and you can check the detailed information on the official website.
- Modern Design with Weather Sealing – The AF 75mm F1.8 X has adopted the Samyang AF 2nd generation design such as a rubberized micro-patterned
- focus ring, hidden red ring, and matte finish, also weather sealing applied to 5 different spots.