Here are the latest updates about the upcoming Nikon Z8 high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera. According to recent Nikon rumors, the Nikon Z8 will be officially announced or released in Spring 2023.
If rumors are true we might see the development announcement at the CES event in the beginning of the year and official announcement of Z8 could be at CP+ show by the end of February.
Nikon Z8 is scheduled to be officially announced in Spring 2023. It will compete head-to-head with the newly announced Sony a7R V (B&H, Amazon, Adorama) which costs $3,899. Nikon Z8 features are said to have the same body structure as the Z6 and Z7, besides being the same high-megapixel sensor as the a7R V.
Rumored Nikon Z8 Specs so far
61.2MP full-frame BSI-CMOS sensor
- Pixel Shift: 8-16 image pixel shift to get 200 MP+ images
5-axis in-body IS system that promises 5.5-stop stabilization
- A native ISO range of 64-25600 (expandable to 32-102400).
- 6K video, 12-bit RAW video
- Dual CFExpress card slots
- Battery Grip: Full-featured battery grip that can use EN-EL18c battery
- USB: USB 3.1 Type C
- Basic features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a built-in microphone.
Take a look at the a7RV specs at a glance:
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ XR & AI Processing Unit
- AI-Based Real-Time Tracking AF System
- 8K 24p, 4K 60p, FHD 120p 10-Bit Video
- 4K 16-Bit Raw Output; S-Log3/S-Cinetone
- 9.44m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2″ 4-Axis Multi-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 10 fps Shooting with AF/AE Tracking
- 8-Stop 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!