Sony FX30 APS-C cinema camera is now officially announced. The Sony FX30 is an Super35 / APS-C video camera aimed at small-scale video and social media production. The new FX30 is Sony’s entry-level digital cinema camera. It’s essentially a 26MP APS-C version of the FX3 (Adorama | B&H | Amazon), and promises high-end production values at a more attainable price.
At the heart of the FX30 is a 26MP APS-C backside-illuminated CMOS sensor, capable of capturing oversampled 4K (from 6K) at up to 60p and 4K/120p video with a 1.62x crop. Video can be captured in 10-bit 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 in either H.265 or H.264 AVC files or output as ’16-bit’ Raw video to an Atomos Ninja V+ external recorder.
The FX30 will be available from October 2022 at a recommended price of $1799, body-only or $2199 with the optional XLR adapter/top handle.
Sony FX30 Key Features
- Oversampled UHD 4K (6K capture) up to 60p
- UHD 4K/120p capture with additional 1.62x crop
- In-body image stabilization
- 10-bit 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 capture in a choice H.265 or H.264-based AVC formats
- S-Cinetone color profile
- S-Log2 / S-Log3 with uploadable LUTs for previewing or applying to footage
- ’16-bit’ Raw video output
- No mechanical shutter mechanism
- Front and rear tally lamps
Sony FX30 Related Videos
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography