Sony FX6 Firmware Update Version 2.00 Released
Sony has released the new firmware version 2.00 for Sony FX6 full-frame cinema camera.
Sony FX6 captures 10-bit 4:2:2 full-frame footage at 120 frames per second (fps) at 4K and 240 fps in 1080. If you use the onboard 12G-SDI port, the FX6 can output 16-bit SDI Raw 4K/60p video. Sony has also added its S-Cinetone look profile, which is inspired by its Venice colorimetry and also found in the company’s FX9 cinema camera.
You can find the details of Sony FX6 Firmware Update Version 2.00 with download links below.
Sony FX6 body: $5,998 at B&H, Adorama.
Download link: Sony FX6 Firmware Version 2.00 – Windows, Mac
Benefits and Improvements
- Add the AI-based Real-time Tracking AF, and if the Touch Function is set to Tracking AF, you can use Real-time Tracking to track the subject even during manual focus
- Add the Breathing Compensation for consistent angle of view when focusing
- Add the 16-bit RAW output via HDMI
- Add the bokeh adjustment mode for easy adjustment while minimizing exposure changes
- Add new features that support High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) dual production for SR Live
- SDR Emulated Preview Display on EVF
- SDR Gain Metadata Recording
- Add the Picture Cache Recording function, which is also supported when shooting with S&Q Motion
- Displayed the 4-channel audio level meter on the on-screen display
- Add the other useful features
Note: Refer to the Help Guide for details on all updated functions.