Nikon DF Style APS-C Mirrorless Camera Announcement is soon. According to recent reports it will be named as Nikon ZFc or only Nikon ZF. The official announcement of the Nikon APS-c Mirrorless Camera is expected to happen on June 28.
When we look at the first details about the new Nikon ZFc camera, we can see that it will be offered with similar features to the Z50 model in the Z-series. The new camera will probably hit shelves by the end of July.
Here are what we know so far about this “Retro-Inspired” Nikon Zfc APS-c mirrorless camera:
Rumored Nikon ZFc Features
- Model name: Zfc (or ZFC or Z-Fc) – not sure what the Zfc stands for – “F Classic” maybe? The Zfc will be basically an APS-C-based Z-mount version of the Df camera (maybe it will just be called Nikon Zf – it makes more sense to me). In previous blog posts, this camera referred as Nikon Z30.
- Nikon Z-mount APS-C mirrorless camera.
- The technical specifications will be very close to the Nikon Z50.
- Very thin camera body without a handgrip.
- Nikon Df-inspired design with mechanical dials and articulating screen (“selfie screen”).
- Shape and handling similar to old Nikon FM cameras.
- Three different colors are rumored: silver, black, and brown (leather?)
- Price with kit lens: $999.
- The new APS-C mirrorless lenses for Z-mount could be named “SE”: 28mm f/2.8 and/or 35mm f/1.8 (kit lens).
- The new DX lenses will not be retro, will have the familiar Nikkor Z design.
- Official announcement expected on June 28.
- The other date in talks is July 31 – this is probably the shipping date.
If you are looking for recommended memory cards for Z6 II and Z7 II, here we list the best ones based on the speed and price.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!