Pentax K-1 Mark II Camera silver edition and three new HD PENTAX-D FA★ Silver Edition lenses has been announced. Ricoh has announced the limited release of a Silver edition of its Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR as well as, for the first time ever, silver versions of its D FA* lenses.
The limited-edition camera is identical to its black counterpart, complete with a 36MP full-frame CMOS sensor, Safox 12 autofocus system with 33 AF points and a maximum ISO of 819,200. The only difference is the paint scheme, which is silver with contrasting parts, including a black shutter release and hot shoe.
In addition to the camera, Ricoh is also releasing Silver edition versions of three lenses: the HD Pentax-D FA* 70–200mm F2.8, 50mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.4. Like the camera, these lenses are identical to their black counterparts, but unlike the camera, just 600 units for each model will be produced.
The Pentax K-1 Mark II Silver Edition camera body will be available in September for $2100. The lenses will also be released in September with prices ranging from $1200–2100. All Silver Edition cameras and lenses will come with specially designed product boxes.
Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera (Silver Edition) Key Features:
- 36.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- PRIME IV Image Processor
- 3.2″ Cross-Tilt LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p30 Video Recording
- SAFOX 12 33-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 819200; 4.4 fps Shooting
- 5-Axis In-Body Shake Reduction
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GPS; Dual SD Card Slots
- Silver D-BG6 Grip and Extra Battery
- Limited Edition of 1000 Units
Ricoh announces Silver Edition of PENTAX K-1 Mark II, plus three HD PENTAX-D FA★ Silver Edition lenses
PARSIPPANY, NJ, August 26, 2020 – Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation today announced the PENTAX K-1 Mark II Silver Edition, a special silver-colored version of its digital single-lens reflex (SLR) flagship model. Ricoh is also releasing for the first time silver versions of its D FA★ series lenses, with high-grade silver coating that is especially well suited to the top-of-the-line PENTAX optics.
The camera will be available in a limited quantity of 1,000 units worldwide, and the three lenses— HD PENTAX-D FA★ 70-200mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.4—will be available worldwide in limited quantities of 600 units for each model. These lenses join the silver-edition PENTAX full-frame lenses currently available: SMC PENTAX FA 31mm F1.8 LTD, SMC PENTAX FA 43mm F1.9 LTD and SMC PENTAX FA 77mm F1.8 LTD.
The limited-edition silver models of the camera and lenses are coveted by PENTAX photographers worldwide. The PENTAX K-1 Mark II Silver Edition camera sports contrasting black parts–a shutter release button and hot shoe—to provide a handsome complementary color and enable it to be color coordinated whether used with traditional black or the special silver-colored lenses.
Previously issued limited-edition cameras include the PENTAX K-7 Limited Silver (March 2010) and the PENTAX K-1 Limited Silver (September 2017).
Pricing and Availability
The PENTAX K-1 Mark II Silver Edition camera body will be available in September for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2099.95. The HD PENTAX-D FA★ Silver Edition lenses will be available in September with prices ranging from $1199.95 – $2099.95. Both the camera and lenses can be purchased at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com and at select Ricoh Imaging-authorized retail outlets.
Main features of the PENTAX K-1 Mark II Silver Edition
- The camera body and detachable battery grip feature a high-grade, fine-textured silver coating, with an exclusive silver SR badge placed on the front of the body.
- The camera’s shutter release button and hot shoe, as well as the battery grip’s shutter release button, feature black parts, so the camera is coordinated with either black or silver lenses.
- Each camera has been given a unique serial number, from 0000001 to 0001000, to further support its exclusivity.
- Two exclusive batteries are included in a product package to simultaneously power both the camera body and the battery grip.
- This special camera and its accessories come in a specially-designed product box.
- The camera body comes with the latest firmware version pre-installed.
Main features of the HD PENTAX-D FA★ Silver Edition lenses
- The lenses’ high-grade silver coating complements their use with silver-edition camera bodies.
- Each lens has been given a unique serial number, from 0000001 to 0000600, to further support its exclusivity.
- The lenses come in a specially-designed product box.
NOTE: The features and specifications of this camera body and lenses are identical to those of standard models, except for the camera firmware
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.