Panasonic has announced the new Panasonic G100 Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera. Designed to be the ideal “Vlogging” camera, it is smaller than an iPhone XR, offers 4K 30p video recording and has a number of features that will appeal to the videographer, as well as photographers.
The camera uses the same 20MP Four Thirds sensor as many other Panasonic cameras. While it does not have in-body image stabilization, the new Lumix G100 features aa ‘hybrid’ 5-axis IS system when recording video (4-axis for 4K).
Alongside the G100 comes the DMW-SHGR1 tripod grip ($99). It can be a small selfie stick (with still and video capture buttons) or a mini tripod. The grip is powered by the camera’s micro USB port.
- 20mp Micro Four Thirds sensor
- Micro Four Thirds lens mount
- 3inch 1840K touch-screen
- 3680K dot EVF, 0.73x magnification, with dioptre
- 5-axis Hybrid IS (EIS + OIS)
- 4K UHD video, 30p, with VLog-L
- OZO Audio by Nokia (3 microphones)
- 3.5mm microphone socket
- 10fps with an electronic shutter, 6fps with mechanical
- 270 shot batter life (LCD), 250 shots (EVF), or 900 shots ECO mode (power save LVF mode), USB charging
- 40 minute 4K recording time (rear monitor)
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in
Read more Panasonic Rumors.
Also join the Mirrorless Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic photograph
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".