Sony has officially released the new firmware version 2.00 for Sony RX10 IV compact camera. Sony RX10 IV camera gets Animal Eye-AF and Realtime EyeAF feature via this firmware update.
Real Time Tracking and Animal Eye AF have been rolling out to Sony cameras since it has arrived in the Alpha a6400 in January 2019. The a7 III and a7R III got animal eye eye AF in April. Later on Sony a9 recieved this feature with firmware 5.0 and 6.0.
Sony RX10 IV costs around $1,699
BENEFITS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Adds real-time Eye AF for animals
- Enables the possibility to operate the real-time EYE AF by half-pressing the shutter button
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
- It is not possible to detect simultaneously human and animal eyes.
- Eye detection may not be possible depending on the environment, animal type or the movement of the animal.
- Refer to the Support site for additional details.
You can download this firmware at Sony USA.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.