After Nikon introduced their full frame mirrorless cameras in 2018, they focus on mirrorless cameras for new products especially building the Z-mount lens lineup. So the company is planning to release more mirrorless cameras instead of DSLR ones.
According to recent reports, here is a list of current Nikon DSLR cameras that could be replaced by upcoming Nikon mirrorless cameras. Click on the camera name to get the detailed news for it.
Rumored List of Nikon DSLR Cameras to be Replaced by Nikon Mirrorless Models
- Nikon D500: Could be replaced by a new flagship DX Z-mount mirrorless camera. Similar as Canon’s EOS 7D Mark II, will not replaced by 7D Mark III.
- Nikon D5600: There is also no D5700 coming, replaced by a mid-range DX Z-mount mirrorless camera.
- Nikon D3500: Could be replaced by an entry-level DX Z-mount mirrorless camera.
And below you can find the current Nikon DSLRs that will get replaced by new Nikon DSLR cameras.
- Nikon D5: Will be replaced by Nikon D6, to be announced in late 2019 to early 2020.
- Nikon D850: Will be replaced by Nikon D860/D900, to be announced in 2021 to 2022.
- Nikon D750: Will be replaced by Nikon D760, to be announced in early 2020
- Nikon D7500: Will be replaced by Nikon D7600, to be announced in late 2019 to early 2020.
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!