Sharp officially joins in the Micro Four Thirds system ahead of its 8K MFT camera announcement.
According to the press text, Sharp Corporation now supports the Micro Four Thirds standard and will add new Micro Four Thirds products to their line-up with the driving force behind 8K imaging technology.
The new Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds Camera spotted by Kinotika at CES 2019. It will be priced around ¥300,000 to ¥400,000 yen (approximately $2,800 to $3,700). Shipping is scheduled to start in Summer 2019. First specs of the Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds camera is 8k video recording at 30fps in H.265 codec. More details after the break!
What we know so far about the Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds Camera
- 8k at 30 fps in H.265 codec (Sharp is working on 60 fps)
- Price under $5,000
- No sensor info besides Micro Four Thirds format
- 5″ inch touchscreen
- 1 SD card slot
- On sensor stabilization
- Looks like the Blackmagic Pocket camera
- Not officially announced yet (a prototype was shown at CES)
- The official announcement is expected at the 2019 NAB show
- Price: $2,800 – $3,700
- Shipping in Summer 2019
Stay tuned with us for more information.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".