Lensbaby launched a new Composer Pro II with Edge 35 Optic wide angle tilt lens.
The lens works in conjunction with the Lensbaby composer Pro or Composer Pro II, can be mounted to Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E, Fuji X and Micro Four-Third systems. It is the third selective focus lens in Lensbaby’s Optic Swap lineup, rounding out the existing 50mm and 80mm options.
The lens features an aperture range of F3.5-F22 and a minimum focusing distance of 18cm / 7in. It has an eight blade aperture diaphragm and can tilt 15 degrees.
Lensbaby Composer Pro II with Edge 35
The Edge 35 features a flat field design for sharp, accurate rendering and its unique optical design also enables producing a dramatic slice of focus surrounded by a smooth, blurred border. When coupled with the Composer Pro II, this slice of focus can be moved and rotated within the image area, and changed in dimension, using up to 15° of tilt on the lens body. The optic also features a manual aperture for adjusting the width of the in-focus area and has an eight-blade diaphragm to further contribute to a smooth bokeh quality in the out-of-focus regions. The lens is constructed with nine glass elements in six groups, and each of the elements is multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for high contrast, color-accurate imagery.
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- Metal Lens Body with Tilt up to 15°
- Produces Slice of Focus
- Multi-Coated Glass Elements
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7″
- 8-Blade Diaphragm
Edge 35 Optic:
- Wide-angle 35mm f/3.5 lens provides a comfortable, broad, and natural field of view.
- Flat field rendering delivers a high degree of sharpness and, when tilted in the Composer II, a dramatic slice of focus is produced that is bordered by a smooth and even blur to isolate subjects with selective focus.
- Besides adjusting exposure, the f/3.5 to f/22 aperture range allows you to control the size of the sweet spot of focus.
- An eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth, pleasing bokeh quality.
- Lens construction uses nine glass elements in six groups, and each of the elements are multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
Composer Pro II:
- Enables tilting the optic up to 15°to vary the amount and position of the slice of focus.
- Accepts various optics from the Optic Swap System.
- Metal body for improved durability and rigidity.
|Aperture||f/3.5 to f/22|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F, Canon EF, Sony E, Fuji X, MFT|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7″ / 17.8 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Tilt||Up to 15°|
|Filter Thread||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||2.5 x 3.1″ / 63.5 x 78 mm|
|Weight||13.6 oz / 385.6 g|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".