More Canon EOS RP specs leaked ahead of the official announcement. According to the unconfirmed reports, the entry-level mirrorless camera will have a 24-megapixel full frame image sensor and priced aggressively at $1,299 for body-only.
The official announcement of the Canon EOS RP will be held on February 14, 2019. The company will also announce 8 new RF lenses. Five of them expected to be official and the other three lenses could just be a development announcement.
According to Canon camera code list, Canon may also announce a new entry APS-C DSLR camera in February. This new entry-level APS-c camera could be either mirrorless or dslr. So the possible candidates are the Rebel T8i, EOS 78D DSLR cameras as well as EOS M5 Mark II, EOS M6 Mark II.
Rumored Canon EOS RP Specifications
- Camera weight is 400g, the lightest full-frame mirrorless camera ever
- A side-articulated monitor and a comfortable grip
- A new 24MP CMOS sensor. Expect the performance similar to EOS R
- No Touch Bar and top monitor but an extra dial
- Standard ISO 100-40000
- Eye AF now supports Servo AF and Video AF
- Dual Pixel AF speed is 0.05 sec.
- USB-C and headphone jack are available. Battery charging while shooting is
- Canon Log, HDMI clean output, and 1.56x 4K crop
- The Extension Grip EG-E1 is a 1cm thick “plate” to be installed under EOS RP. It makes a better grip to hold the camera while the memory card and battery can still be removed.
- Price is about $1300USD for body (We’re really hoping it’s priced this aggressively)
Here are the possible candidates for RF lenses.
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".