Voigtlander unveils Color-Skopar 21mm f/3.5 Asph lens for Sony E-Mount camera.
The wide-angle 21mm F3.5 lens features 9 elements in 8 groups with 10 diaphragm blades and a minimum focus distance of 7.87 inches (20 cm). Maximum diameter × total length is 62.8 × 39.9 mm. The filter diameter is 52 mm. Aperture click is 1/3 step.
The COLOR-SKOPAR 21mm f/3.5 lens provides an image circle that covers full frame sensors and an optical formula optimized for E-mount sensors. The wide-angle lens will be priced at $995 and release date in October 2018.
Currently Voigtlander has four FE lenses for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras:
Image samples can be found at Cosina Japan.
Voigtlander COLOR-SKOPAR 21mm f/3.5 lens announced for Sony E-mount
COLOR SKOPAR is the designation of a compact high performance lens improved for color photography in 1949 after being released by Voigtländer in the 1920s as the SKOPAR and used as the main lens on many compact cameras up to after WWII.
With a 91.2° field of view, which is wider than the field viewable at high resolution by the human eye, the lens is capable of capturing dynamic compositions. In addition, as well as covering full frame sensors, the deep depth of field of the lens makes it very suitable for quick snap shooting by estimating focus distance by eye. The minimum focusing distance is a very short 20cm, making it possible to capture exaggerated perspectives by getting very close to the subject.
- Full Frame Sony E-Mount with electrical contacts
- Extremely solid and durable all-metal barrel
- Optical design optimised for digital imaging sensors
- Manual focus for precise focusing
- Enhanced high performance utilising aspherical lens surface
- inimum focus distance of 20cm for making the most of intense perspectives
Voigtlander Color-Skopar 21mm f/3.5 Aspherical lens specifications:
- Focal length: 21 mm
- Number of diaphragm blades: 10 sheets
- Maximum F value: F 3.5
- Shortest shooting distance: 20 cm
- Minimum F value: F22
- Maximum diameter x Full length: Φ 62.8 × 39.9 mm
- Click stop: 1/3
- Filter diameter: Φ 52 mm
- Lens configuration: 8 groups 9
- mount: E-mount (full size)
- Angle of view: 91.2 °
- Other: With electronic contact
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".